25 businesses you can start and run from your home

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sometimes you just have to trust your gut

There comes a point in your business where you have to put down the books, the INC and Entrepreneur Magazine and the tips you get from your colleagues to listen to the inner voice in you that says, "I need to trust my gut." It's extremely easy to want to do everything right when it comes to your business. And believe me I understand. I've made a lot of mistakes, missed out on a few deals, and tried to replicate strategies others have used that didn't necessarily speak to what my business is about.

At the end of the day, I have to trust myself. I have to not be jaded by the formulas of marketing or business management and simply trust that I'm making all the right decisions. It took me an entire year to come to this realization and to be honest, it feels good.

I truly believe that business and marketing exist simply off of great ideas, experimentation and passion. Don't loose your passion in too much know-how rhetoric and books.

No comments: